Nail Art Transfer
Application & Removal Guide
Nail Transfer Application Guide
- Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply sunscreen to your hands 15-30 minutes before the following Steps. Avoid getting sunscreen on your nails and wipe off if you do.
- Using the curved side of the Gelous Nail File, gently push back your cuticles. This provides a clean surface for the gel polish to stick to, while creating longer, more even looking nails.
- Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File, file your nails to the desired shape, making sure the edges of each nail are smooth.
- Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Nail File, gently buff the entire surface of each nail. Make sure the whole nail appears dull (not shiny) from the buffing, paying particular attention to the sides of your nails and around the cuticle, as this is where lifting may occur prematurely if they are not buffed correctly.
- Apply Nail Polish Remover to a Lint Free Wipe and thoroughly clean your nails, under your nails and around your cuticles. This removes dust and oils on your nails while dehydrating the nail bed, giving the Base Coat a fresh surface to apply to.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Base Coat to your nails as outlined in Step 8. Thinner is better to ensure proper curing. Cure as outlined in Step 9.
- To apply your Gel Nail Polish, start a bit above your cuticle and ‘push’ the Gel Nail Polish gently towards it, leaving a thin gap between the edge of the Gel Nail Polish and your cuticle. Following this, pull gentle strokes up your nail then ‘cap’ the free edge of your nail by running the brush horizontally over the tip (view capping diagram here). Aim to avoid getting any Gel Nail Polish on your skin or cuticle, however if you do, remove it with an Orangewood Cuticle Stick or Lint Free Wipe before curing.
- Place your first hand inside Gelous UV/LED Lamp and press the 60S button to start the 48W 60 second countdown timer. Cure for the full 60 seconds, then repeat with your second hand. Your polish will be still be slightly tacky after curing the Base Coat and Colour Coat.
- Apply 2-3 thin coats of Gelous Colour Coat as outlined in Step 8 and cure after each coat as outlined in Step 9.
- Remove the protective film on the Nail Art Transfers.
- Cut around the design you would like to use.
- Soak the design in a small bowl of room temperature water for 5-10 seconds.
- Use Nail Art Tweezers to remove the design from the bowl and separate it from the paper backing.
- Using the Nail Art Tweezers, place the design on your nail and press gently with them to keep it in place.
- Let the design air dry.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Top Coat as outlined in Step 8 and cure as outlined in Step 9. Your Gel Nail Polish should be hard and smooth after the final cure.
- Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil around your nails and rub into your skin to nourish and moisturise.
- You have then completed your manicure or pedicure and will have a durable, professional looking manicure that will last up to two weeks! Make sure to follow our Storage Instructions and check out our FAQ's if you need further assistance.
Nail Transfer Removal Guide
- Remove along with your Gel Nail Polish.
- Using the 100 grit side (rough side) of the Gelous Nail File, gently buff the surface of the nail polish to break the seal and remove the shiny top coat.
- Soak a Lint Free Wipe in nail polish remover and place on top of your nail.
- Clip on the Gelous Nail Polish Removal Clips, pressing down once your finger is inside. It is easiest to do the pointer finger and thumb of your dominant hand last, or do one hand at a time.
- Leave on for 15 minutes, then remove Gelous Nail Polish Removal Clips and Lint Free Wipes.
- Gently remove the Gelous Gel Nail Polish by using an Orangewood Cuticle Stick to push the polish off. Go in the direction your nail grows, from right above the cuticle to the tip, taking care not to press into the nail. If the Gel Nail Polish doesn’t come off easily, you may need to soak your nails for longer. This could be because the nails weren’t buffed enough, or the layers of Gel Nail Polish were quite thick.
- Lightly buff your nails with the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File to smooth the surface of your nails.
- If you have used Builder Gel in your manicure or pedicure, it is totally fine to still have some remaining on your nails after removing the rest of your polish. If you wish to remove it completely, please take care not to buff the natural nail too much, as this can thin the nail plates and cause sensitivity.
- Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil to your nails and skin surrounding them to nourish and moisturise.