Nail Art Transfer
Application & Removal Guide
Nail Transfer Application Guide
- Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply sunscreen to your hands 15-30 minutes before the following Steps. Avoid getting sunscreen on your nails and wipe off if you do.
- Using the curved side of the Gelous Nail File, gently push back your cuticles. This provides a clean surface for the gel polish to stick to, while creating longer, more even looking nails.
- Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File, file your nails to the desired shape, making sure the edges of each nail are smooth.
- Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Nail File, gently buff the entire surface of each nail. Make sure the whole nail appears dull (not shiny) from the buffing, paying particular attention to the sides of your nails and around the cuticle, as this is where lifting may occur prematurely if they are not buffed correctly.
- Apply nail polish remover, isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol to a Lint Free Wipe and thoroughly clean your nails, under your nails and around your cuticles.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Base Coat to your nails as outlined in Step 8. Thinner is better to ensure proper curing. Cure as outlined in Step 9.
- To apply your Gel Nail Polish, start a bit above your cuticle and ‘push’ the Gel Nail Polish gently towards it, leaving a thin gap between the edge of the Gel Nail Polish and your cuticle. Following this, pull gentle strokes up your nail then ‘cap’ the free edge of your nail by running the brush horizontally over the tip (view capping diagram here). Aim to avoid getting any Gel Nail Polish on your skin or cuticle, however if you do, remove it with an Orangewood Cuticle Stick or Lint Free Wipe before curing.
- Place your first hand inside Gelous UV/LED Lamp and press the 60S button to start the 48W 60 second countdown timer. Cure for the full 60 seconds, then repeat with your second hand. Your polish will be still be slightly tacky after curing the Base Coat and Colour Coat.
- Apply 2-3 thin coats of Gelous Colour Coat as outlined in Step 8 and cure after each coat as outlined in Step 9.
- Remove the protective film on the Nail Art Transfers.
- Cut around the design you would like to use.
- Soak the design in a small bowl of room temperature water for 5-10 seconds.
- Use Nail Art Tweezers to remove the design from the bowl and separate it from the paper backing.
- Using the Nail Art Tweezers, place the design on your nail and press gently with them to keep it in place.
- Let the design air dry.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Top Coat as outlined in Step 8 and cure as outlined in Step 9. Your Gel Nail Polish should be hard and smooth after the final cure.
- Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil around your nails and rub into your skin.
- You have then completed your manicure or pedicure and will have a durable, professional looking manicure that will last up to two weeks! Make sure to follow our Storage Instructions and check out our FAQ's if you need further assistance.
Nail Transfer Removal Guide
- Remove along with your Gel Nail Polish.