Gel Nail Polish
Application & Removal Guide
Gel Nail Polish Application Guide
- Wash your hands and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply sunscreen to your hands 15-30 minutes before the following Steps. Avoid getting sunscreen on your nails and wipe off if you do.
- Using the curved side of the Gelous Nail File, gently push back your cuticles. This provides a clean surface for the gel polish to stick to, while creating longer, more even looking nails.
- Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File, file your nails to the desired shape, making sure the edges of each nail are smooth.
- Using the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Nail File, gently buff the entire surface of each nail. Make sure the whole nail appears dull (not shiny) from the buffing, paying particular attention to the sides of the nails and around the cuticle, as this is where lifting may occur prematurely if they are not buffed correctly.
- Apply nail polish remover, isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol to a Lint Free Wipe and thoroughly clean the nails, under the nails and around the cuticles.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Base Coat to your nails as outlined in Step 8. Thinner is better to ensure proper curing. Cure as outlined in Step 9.
- To apply your Gel Nail Polish, start a bit above the cuticle and ‘push’ the nail polish gently towards it, leaving a thin gap between the edge of the polish and your cuticle. Following this, pull one stroke up the center, one up each side and finally ‘cap’ the nail by running the brush horizontally over the tip (view capping diagram here). Aim to avoid getting any Gel Nail Polish on your skin or cuticle, however if you do, remove it with an Orangewood Cuticle Stick or Lint Free Wipe before curing.
- Place your first hand inside the Gelous UV/LED Lamp and press the 60S button to start the 48W 60 second countdown timer. Cure for the full 60 seconds, then repeat with your second hand. Your polish will be still be slightly tacky after curing the Base Coat and Colour Coat.
- Apply 2-3 thin coats of Gelous Colour Coat as outlined in Step 8 and cure after each coat as outlined in Step 9.
- Apply a thin coat of the Gelous Top Coat as outlined in Step 8 and cure as outlined in Step 9. Your Gel Nail Polish should be hard and smooth after the final cure.
- Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil to the areas around your nails.
You have then completed your manicure or pedicure and will have a durable, professional looking manicure that will last up to two weeks! Make sure to follow our Storage Instructions and check out our FAQ's if you need further assistance.
Gel Nail Polish Removal Guide
Using the 100 grit side (rough side) of the Gelous Nail File, gently buff the surface of the nail polish to break the seal and remove the shiny top coat.
Soak a Lint Free Wipe in nail polish remover and place on top of your nail.
Clip on the Gelous Nail Polish Removal Clips, pressing down once your finger is inside. It is easiest to do the pointer finger and thumb of your dominant hand last, or do one hand at a time.
Leave on for 15 minutes, then remove Gelous Nail Polish Removal Clips and Lint Free Wipes.
Gently remove the Gelous Gel Nail Polish by using an Orangewood Cuticle Stick to push the polish off. Go in the direction your nail grows, from right above the cuticle to the tip, taking care not to press into the nail. If the Gel Nail Polish doesn’t come off easily, you may need to soak your nails for longer. This could be because the nails weren’t buffed enough, or the layers of Gel Nail Polish were quite thick.
Lightly buff your nails with the 180 grit side (fine side) of the Gelous Nail File to smooth the surface of your nails.
Apply Gelous Cuticle Oil to the nails and skin surrounding your nails.